Articles on this Page
- 11/28/16--11:05: _Advice for Salon As...
- 12/15/16--14:10: _Business Basics for...
- 01/03/17--13:21: _An Efficient 2017
- 02/02/17--10:21: _Best Salon Industry...
- 06/01/17--14:44: _Automating Spa Sche...
- 07/07/17--13:00: _Avoiding an IRS Audit
- 08/04/17--11:21: _Get Found & Get Boo...
- 08/31/17--14:29: _Making the Most of ...
- 10/05/17--10:24: _Making a Memorable ...
- 11/10/17--13:24: _Rewarding Loyal Cus...
- 12/05/17--16:01: _Looking Rosy in 2018
- 01/19/18--13:32: _How Salon Software ...
- 02/16/18--12:13: _Suspended Shears
- 04/16/18--12:48: _Maximizing Client R...
- 05/14/18--11:52: _Scheduling Success
- 06/21/18--11:37: _Setting Salon Pricing
- 05/17/18--16:41: _How to Solicit Clie...
- 05/18/18--16:31: _How to Minimize No-...
- 06/16/18--16:56: _How to Write a Kill...
- 06/18/18--16:49: _5 Ways to Automate ...
- 11/28/16--11:05: Advice for Salon Assistants
- 12/15/16--14:10: Business Basics for Booth Renters
- 01/03/17--13:21: An Efficient 2017
- 02/02/17--10:21: Best Salon Industry Advice
- 06/01/17--14:44: Automating Spa Scheduling
- 07/07/17--13:00: Avoiding an IRS Audit
- 08/04/17--11:21: Get Found & Get Booked Through Google!
- 08/31/17--14:29: Making the Most of Back to School
- 10/05/17--10:24: Making a Memorable Impression
- 11/10/17--13:24: Rewarding Loyal Customers
- 12/05/17--16:01: Looking Rosy in 2018
- 01/19/18--13:32: How Salon Software Helped Us Succeed
- 02/16/18--12:13: Suspended Shears
- 04/16/18--12:48: Maximizing Client Retention
- 05/14/18--11:52: Scheduling Success
- 06/21/18--11:37: Setting Salon Pricing
- 05/17/18--16:41: How to Solicit Client Referrals
- 05/18/18--16:31: How to Minimize No-Shows
- 06/16/18--16:56: How to Write a Killer Business Plan For Your Salon or Spa
- 06/18/18--16:49: 5 Ways to Automate Salon & Spa Management
Let’s be honest, being an assistant in the salon industry is really hard work. We’re talking long hours on your feet, endless sweeping up, rinsing out color bowls, taking out the trash, and other glamorous tasks, not to mention the low pay and perpetual color stains and bleach splotches on your clothes. The truth is […]
Tired of being told when to work, what services you can offer, how you can offer them, and what to charge for them? Are you well established, highly organized, as well as marketing and business savvy? If this describes you and the prospect of flying solo appeals to you greatly, then you may be best […]
After saying goodbye to 2016 and ringing in 2017, we are all looking ahead to a new beginning. The new year brings a chance to reflect on the previous months and to look forward, to reset and reorganize as needed for the new year ahead. This is the ideal time to look into emerging trends […]
Profound words of advice can stick with you throughout your life and can affect your decision-making within your career. We reached out to professionals working in salons and spas, and asked them to name the best piece of advice anyone in the industry has ever given them. Here are some of the more powerful and […]
Your spa is an oasis for relaxation. A place where your clients can take refuge away from their busy lives and where they can expect to be pampered in a tranquil environment. Naturally, this sense of calm is possible only provided everything behind the scenes is operating as it should. One glitch in the schedule […]
Lessen Your Salon’s Chances of an IRS Audit The thought of an audit by the Internal Revenue Service is terrifying for anyone. However, for some businesses like salons and spas, it may be more likely than you might have imagined. Below are some ways to reduce any red flags not to mention your chances of […]
Get Booking! Get Found Get Booked Google – The leader in SEARCH is now becoming the leader in BOOKING! Be one of the first to take advantage of this online booking opportunity. Reserve with Google It’s now possible to book appointments at spas and salons across the U.S. on Google. It’s true! Reserve with Google […]
It’s that time of year again when children, teens and college students head back to school. After the summer off and many days of fun in the sun, the launch of a new schoolyear is the day most kids anticipate and parents absolutely celebrate. With the changing of the tides and a new season soon […]
We’ve all had such a wonderful experience with the service at a local business that we felt the need to let others know about it. That’s when a shout-out on social media or a positive review on Yelp, Google or any other review site is definitely warranted. Today, other people talking about a business positively […]
Want a great way to reward your loyal salon or spa clients while keeping them coming back for more? Consider a client rewards or loyalty program. It’s a fantastic way to thank longtime customers and to incentivize new ones. The way a rewards program works is that your clients have the opportunity to accumulate points […]
Is 2018 the year you get it together? When you decide to toss that outdated schedule book and discover the ease of running your business online? With Rosy Salon Software, scheduling clients is a breeze. The software works on any device and can be accessed anytime, and anywhere. Just tap the icon on your home […]
About six years ago my wife Rachel and I decided to move from Washington state and open a four-station salon in a small town in central Oregon. She had been doing hair since 2004, mainly part time while raising our family, and eventually decided to go full time. Ultimately we went out on our own […]
You’ve heard of suspended coffees, right? The pay-it-forward type program that allows patrons to donate a cup of brew to someone in need. Perhaps you’ve heard someone order a double latte and tack on a suspended coffee at the register or you’ve seen the rows of “suspended” post-its or bowl of cards available for redemption […]
Have you ever wondered what it is that keeps clients coming back for more? Why some customers leave while others stay as if they were nearly family? Whether it’s their hair, makeup, facials, lashes, massage, waxing, or nails, clients naturally expect the service that you provide to be stellar. That’s a given. The truth is […]
According to Natasha and Fred Klages, owners of Shag Spa and Salons in The Woodlands, Texas, running a salon is about managing people. Clients, vendors, and staff all need to interact on a continual basis for business to be conducted smoothly. And, as any salon or spa owner like the Klages can tell you, running a […]
As hairdressers, we thrive on making people happy. We absolutely live for the opportunity to help others look and feel their very best. It’s why we got into this industry in the first place and why we get up in the morning and head to the salon, spending hours on our feet cutting, coloring, blow-drying, […]
Coming up with practical ways to grow your business can be time-consuming and costly – two things for which you likely don’t have an abundance. One way to ensure financial stability is to be sure that your schedule is full with a decent balance of clients. Although it’s terrific to have an occasional break on […]
We all have clients that don’t show up for their appointments. Incredibly aggravating, these dreaded no-shows not only cause a loss of momentum for your workday but also cost the salon in both operating expenses and lost revenue. That appointment is nearly impossible to fill last minute or to recapture that loss financially. And to […]
If you’re looking to open a salon, change locations, expand or remodel your current facility, it’s fairly apparent that you’ll need working capital to help realize your dream. Naturally, you’ll tap into your own savings and reach out to family and friends for funds, but when that is not enough capital, look to your local […]
The post How to Write a Killer Business Plan For Your Salon or Spa appeared first on Rosy Salon Software.
Running a salon or spa is a lot of work. Between managing staff, booking clients, sending confirmations, ordering supplies, and marketing your business, there’s less time left to service your customers effectively. One solution is to systemize as many of the daily business processes as possible. Here are the top five ways to automate your […]