Articles on this Page
- 07/18/18--16:29: _5 Reasons to Offer ...
- 07/19/18--12:03: _Tech Connectors
- 07/19/18--12:08: _Join the Campaign
- 07/20/18--12:53: _The Straw that Brok...
- 08/02/18--14:43: _Tapping the Power o...
- 08/06/18--13:16: _Tips for Optimizing...
- 08/06/18--13:21: _Strategizing Your S...
- 08/06/18--13:32: _How to Create Effec...
- 08/06/18--13:37: _How Salon Design In...
- 08/06/18--13:44: _The DOs and DON’Ts ...
- 08/06/18--13:50: _5 Tips for Handling...
- 08/20/18--09:52: _The Business of the...
- 09/07/18--12:25: _Salon Startup – Wha...
- 09/07/18--14:15: _The Right Type of S...
- 09/07/18--14:45: _Business Structure ...
- 09/07/18--14:55: _Opening a Salon? Do...
- 09/20/18--11:13: _Fall for the Perfec...
- 10/09/18--12:21: _Plumbing for Salons...
- 10/09/18--12:27: _Negotiating a Salon...
- 10/09/18--12:32: _Making the Most of ...
- 07/18/18--16:29: 5 Reasons to Offer Online Booking
- 07/19/18--12:03: Tech Connectors
- 07/19/18--12:08: Join the Campaign
- 07/20/18--12:53: The Straw that Broke the Internet
- 08/02/18--14:43: Tapping the Power of Product Knowledge
- 08/06/18--13:16: Tips for Optimizing Your Salon or Spa’s Web Presence
- 08/06/18--13:21: Strategizing Your Salon Social Media
- 08/06/18--13:32: How to Create Effective Salon Newsletters
- 08/06/18--13:37: How Salon Design Influences Behavior
- 08/06/18--13:44: The DOs and DON’Ts of a Great Salon Website
- 08/06/18--13:50: 5 Tips for Handling Bad Salon Reviews
- 08/20/18--09:52: The Business of the Salon Business
- 09/07/18--12:25: Salon Startup – What to Consider
- 09/07/18--14:15: The Right Type of Salon or Spa for You
- 09/07/18--14:45: Business Structure – What’s Right for Your Salon
- 09/07/18--14:55: Opening a Salon? Do Your Research!
- 09/20/18--11:13: Fall for the Perfect Décor
- 10/09/18--12:21: Plumbing for Salons & Spas
- 10/09/18--12:27: Negotiating a Salon or Spa Lease
- 10/09/18--12:32: Making the Most of Your Salon or Spa Space
Are you still using an old hand-written scheduling book? If so, it’s time to get you into the 21st century. Not just with salon or spa software for scheduling and management, but specifically with online booking. These days, people book a majority of their services online. For example, when booking a flight, most people don’t […]
In the July/August 2018 issue of Salon Today magazine, Rosy, SalonRunner, and SalonInteractive had a significant presence. A leading industry publication for salon and spa owners and managers, this technology focused issue featured some of the biggest and brightest minds in the software industry. Here are some of the top features involving our founder Jim […]
Have you seen it – our new ad campaign for Rosy? The promotion just launched in Salon Today’s technology issue, available in July and August of 2018. Each ad boldly showcases a salon owner in their natural habitat, offering their brand of success-oriented wisdom. It’s a peek into the mind, motivation, and creative environment of […]
Photo courtesy Loft 647 Doesn’t it seem that no matter where you look, the whole world has suddenly ditched straws? Even Starbucks scrapped them for their more environmentally-friendly cup lids that require no straws. Here at SalonRunner, we LOVE this initiative – and the sea turtles, of course! However, we understand that not everyone can […]
We’ve all heard the old adage “knowledge is power.” But did you know that information is a large and growing part of what salon and spa professionals offer? It’s no longer feasible to just provide great haircuts, skin-silkening facials, and a dose of witty banter. To compete in today’s fever pitch frenzy of online retailers, […]
Having a strong web presence is essential for any local service-based business, and salons and spa are indeed no exception. Achieving high rankings on search engines such as Bing and Google will help your business get noticed and set it apart from your competition. Whether you are just opening your doors or have been around […]
The post Tips for Optimizing Your Salon or Spa’s Web Presence appeared first on Rosy Salon Software.
Social media is an excellent way for you and your salon or spa to get and stay connected with your customers. But does your team take advantage of the reach of this fantastic platform? After all, it’s free and is a great way to connect with current and potential clients. It’s actually quite surprising, that […]
Producing successful email newsletters takes time and effort. There’s no doubt about it! However, when done right, they can create familiarity with your customers and earn confidence that all other forms of marketing simply cannot. To help produce useful newsletters for your salon, follow these simple steps to make the most out of this unique […]
As humans, the design that surrounds us influences our thoughts and subsequently our behavior. Understanding this relationship between the environment and our mind is essential. Our brains are not only hard-wired to interpret certain spatial characteristics in specific ways, but they also play a role in how we make decisions based on those interpretations. All […]
Websites are valuable tools for any reputable business. These online information portholes can help attract new business and bolster customer retention. To get you started on your salon or spa website, here are some suggestions to kick-start the project and to market it once the site is up and running. Do Your Homework The chances […]
Criticism for any business can be challenging to navigate. Both social media and review sites provide unlimited opportunities for customers to voice any frustrations. However, any slipup in how you handle complaints can have a devastating ripple effect. On the flip side, a salon or spa customer who feels heard and acknowledged can be converted […]
As an accounting firm working with salons, spas, and distributors for several decades, we have identified many key traits that make these businesses successful. Using specific tactics, we can see what is working right with a business and what is wrong and then base any advice on successful strategies. Below, is an overview of accounting […]
If your dream is to open a hair salon, you’re in luck; the salon industry is growing. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of barbers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists is projected to increase by 13 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. While the timing is good, you’ll […]
If you have unearthed your true motivation for becoming a salon or spa owner and have come to terms with the pros and cons of business ownership, you’ll want to examine the type of salon or spa that’s right for you. Not so much in the styles of salons and spas or the services offered, […]
In addition to considering the type of salon or spa that you want to open, you also need to decide on a business structure that works for you. According to the Small Business Administration, your business structure in the United States affects how much you pay in taxes, your ability to raise money, the paperwork […]
If you’re looking to open a salon or spa, there are many steps that you should take to ensure your success. One of those phases involves researching the industry, as well as your market and any local competitors. This information will help give you a good benchmark to start your business and should provide some […]
We hope that you’re reading this underneath your flannel sheets as you wait for your apple pie to bake. Fall season officially started Saturday the 22nd, even though for about 75 percent of the country it began August 28th when pumpkin spice made a comeback! During the fall season, certain trees shed their leaves to […]
The plumbing is a critical aspect of any salon or spa. Without ready access to ample amounts of water of the right temperature, a salon or spa would soon be out of business. Here are some plumbing and water heater basics to wash away your water woes. Plumbing Basics First of all, you will need […]
Once you have found an ideal location to rent for your salon or spa, the next step is to negotiate a commercial lease agreement. Before doing so, let’s dive into the types of leases and the terminology you should understand before signing on the dotted line. Types of Leases Percentage Lease In the case of […]
So, you’ve found the ultimate salon or spa location, and you’re ready to start the design phase – good for you! Here are some of the more common pitfalls with a new beauty business that you’ll want to avoid. A common mistake in laying out a salon or spa floor plan is missing or underestimating […]